I keep getting inquiries about the tobacco pipes I’ve been making, and I plan to make more soon. I am also thinking seriously about opening an Etsy shop to sell some pipes.
I really enjoy the work, and while I think I can streamline my production a bit, I find I can already make a pipe from start to finish in an afternoon. Plus, I would like to make my hobby a little more self-supporting by selling some of my work.
I know people who successfully sell other types of handmade items on Etsy, but I’d like to hear from people who have sold (or tried to sell) their woodwork there.
- Do your products sell with any regularity?
- How do you get your product to stand out from similar products?
- Have you had problems with either buyers or Etsy itself?
- Do you enjoy selling through Etsy?
- What else should a novice seller know about the platform?