I keep getting inquiries about the tobacco pipes I’ve been making, and I plan to make more soon. I am also thinking seriously about opening an Etsy shop to sell some pipes.
I really enjoy the work, and while I think I can streamline my production a bit, I find I can already make a pipe from start to finish in an afternoon. Plus, I would like to make my hobby a little more self-supporting by selling some of my work.
I know people who successfully sell other types of handmade items on Etsy, but I’d like to hear from people who have sold (or tried to sell) their woodwork there.
- Do your products sell with any regularity?
- How do you get your product to stand out from similar products?
- Have you had problems with either buyers or Etsy itself?
- Do you enjoy selling through Etsy?
- What else should a novice seller know about the platform?
Didn’t someone like Luke Townsley say not too long ago something like, “Etsy is eBay for women?”
I can see a conflict of interest here. Your hobby vs my work! sincerely, Doctor Dad
“Then you put burning leaves in it,,, and you put it in your mouth…” –Bob Newhart
Just trying to keep you in business, you know.